The story of our Carol a.k.a. 'spud'
Did I mention we fitted the shocks too?
No more bouncy Carol. We'll have to get her booked in for her MOT now.
Carol has such tiny wheels hehe
We ran her up to temperature but the heaters gave us no heat at all... so dash out time to get the matrix out and see what's going on there (we figured it was blocked up with the nasty gross oil/water mess.
I was having a nosey at what's back there and noticed a box hanging down from the ECU, where it had been sliced into the loom:
It states "this part has been specifically designed for circuit use"... which has got me thinking... Carol might be chipped!?!
Perhaps she's chipped, perhaps she's faster than she should be, or perhaps that's just a cheap box that doesn't actually do anything but promises 1,000,000 bhp for 5p hehehe we'll see I guess.
Any ideas from the Suzuki guys whether this is a standard looking ECU:
Anyway, we took the matrix out, flushed it (loads of nasty gunk came out) and fitted it back. Still no heat, but we think it's an airlock in the matrix now. So we'll try tackle that today. The radiator kicks in, the pipes get hot, the radiator gets warm and Carol doesn't over heat. We should be getting heat from the matrix.
:wave: Great work guys! Think where you started and look how far you've got............ At the first rusty bolt I would have given up and got my mate over and watched him so brilliant determination. Driving it very very soon I'm sure.
Think it's about time I update this...
Despite all the work, sadly this wasn't the end for Carol. The head was too warped to seal to the block. The heaters wouldn't get warm and the oil was still milky. So when we decided the cappuccino couldn't be saved, and after being assured by various KKITP members that it will fit... we started the engine swap from Carol's old single cam F6A engine to the twin cam F6A cappuccino engine.
I ordered an engine rebuild kit, but sadly that only recently arrived.
After removing the original single cam rocker cover it was apparent that the head wasn't sealing to the block. The oil was extremely milky and as we stripped more of the old engine out we could see that the water was all gunky and nasty.
I cleaned up the new head using just baby wipes..
Then with both of us working on stripping the old engine, we quickly got the old head off and trial fitted the new head to see what the size difference was...
We've almost got the old block out, so we will get the new one re-bored and rebuild the cappo engine. Sadly she won't be ready in time for KKITP which is very upsetting.
woo looking good, that box looks like ether speed limiter remover thing or a fuel cut defender, dose the front bit of the box pop of, if it dose and there is a adjustment screw thing in there is fcd, or if oyu got a pin out of the ecu see wether the wire splices in to the map sencor or a normaly green wire from the speedo cluster