Just thought I'd post an update here.
Got a fair few new parts for the move improvements and am currently awaiting a new part to arrive ATM.
Was hoping to have all the bits to assemble by January... However due to lack of funds parts are being held off untill late febuary.
That will hopefully give me enough time to put it all together by show season.
Keep your eyes peeled for some photos soon
Due to funds, and still waiting on parts from Malaysia this won't be built for show season, so it will be built summer this year hopefully in time for a few shows
Will upload in a couple of months once the parts have finally arrived lol.
Right as per usual everything has had a change around car wise (>_<)
Decided the big power engine setup I'm building would be better served in the Mira with the 4wd.
However I shall be aiming for 100bhp on a dyno run next month once I've got a couple of bits for it(most importantly an Afr gauge).
I noticed today that the locks and rear wiper removal had started to crack out so I desided to redo them and here's a couple of pics midway through
Due to the practical time required to finish the Mira, the MonsterMove shall be attending the first shows of the year with KKITP.
So I will give it a big clean up and a few improvements ready for Japfest (^_^)
Given the arches a sand to smooth out a couple of imperfections I noticed from where I fabricated them.
Also bought a innovate mtx-l Afr gauge, and a few other lil bits n bobs.
Gota get everything in, when it's all been delivered, ready for a setup and dyno run start of next month (^_^)
Will post the dyno sheet in the power section once it's done (^_^)
Just a quick update, it's in getting a custom stainless exhaust system made for it ATM(side exit like before but bigger diameter for performance)
Next week it shall be going on the dyno for a power run and final setup (^_^)
Not pleased, the other day on way to get car dyno'd the waterpump packed up so no dyno run...then the Rac obliterated my front wings recovering the car home.
The driver unloaded the car on my driveway and disappeared pretty quick before I noticed, and now I'm stuck trying to prove they did the damage
So I'm taking this opportunity to revamp the move once again.
Going to go for a bit more of a race car style.
Got the spare engine out to change the oil seals and clean it up ready to fit, and also have a fwd only gearbox to use(^_^)
Will post pics of progress as I do bits to it, target is kkitp meet as I'm busy with work and I'm in no rush to fix the arches untill Rac have admitted liability(car doesn't turn with arches the way they are)
Got off work early today so i desided to look at the car today with a view to treating and repairing any rusty spots.
But when i desided to wire brush the surface rust i found a small hole appeared on the sill
So i desided to do the hammer tap test to see how bad it is...surfice to say i now have a rather large hole in the sill on one side now
It seems to be rotting from the inside out because the inside of the sill(from what i can feel through the hole) is rusty and rough but the outside looks fine (>_<)
The other side seems to be nice and solid with only suface rust appearing on the jacking points on the sill.
Anyways i shall be going over the shell from top to bottom to check, repair, and treat any rust i find.
I have also got the engine and subframe ready to remove from the car(except brakes and suspension), but will leave it in so I can still move the car around.
Will keep the updates coming as things progress (^_^)
Just thought if post a lil update.
Treated all the rust and cut out the rust hole in the sill and welded it up with a plate.
Also treated and then hamerited both of the sills front to back to prevent further corrosion.
Pulled the front wings out where the Rac damaged it, not perfect yet and will need some filler and a bit more pulling out to get them spot on.